We thank you for visiting akfsa.org and supporting the Andrew Kukes Foundation for Social Anxiety. As you use our site, we want to make you clear of the following:
- All of the content on this site is intended for general information and entertainment purposes only
- This website is not meant to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
- AKFSA does not prescribe, endorse or recommend any specific medial treatment, therapy or drug
- AKFSA does not endorse any organization or individual discussed on this website
- Do not use any of the content on this website to make a diagnosis or a decision regarding treatment or medication
- We encourage visitors to consult a licensed health care professional before beginning any treatment
- AKFSA does not endorse any of the external websites we link to from this site
- We make no representations or guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or suitability of the information or advertising provided on this site
We capture information from our visitors in two different ways: 1) directly – when you submit to us and 2) indirectly – through our website server technology.
Our site collects traffic information from visitors to be used for statistical analysis to improve akfsa.org. When you access our site, we collect information about your visit in a log file on our server. Log file information may include, but is not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp and number of clicks. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We do not try to track you or identify you individually, but we do review this information to understand overall trends and to determine what type of content is popular and useful to our visitors.
We may also use tracking and analysis software to identify and analyze patterns of browsing by our visitors, and we use this information to understand which parts of the site seem to be interesting and useful, whether any aspects of the site seem to be confusing or overlooked and how well our awareness activities are working.
Cookies are small files of information that websites can store on your computer’s hard drive. This site assigns a unique number-letter combination that is used only when you are on our site. This number-letter combination is used to identify and analyze patterns of browsing by our visitors.
Personal Information / Email Addresses Submitted to Us
We may only obtain personally identifiable information about you if you elect to give us that information.
Throughout our site, we have our email address posted for our users to contact us directly. If a user submits an email to us, we respond to that email directly. We never sell or otherwise disclose email addresses to any third parties without expressed consent from the user.
Opportunities to donate to AKFSA and sign up for our mailing list are also present throughout our website. Any information submitted to us for the purposes of making a donation or subscribing to our mailing list is never sold or disclosed to any third party.
All user information emailed / submitted is kept confidential unless permission is expressed by the user to share this information for a specific purpose (ex: being recognized as a donor).
If you make a donation to AKFSA, we do keep a record of your donation as well as your name, address, phone number and email address. You can request to view your record with AKFSA at any time. We will not disclose any of this information to any third party or make this information public without your expressed consent.
Newsletter and Email Updates
We only send our verified newsletters and email updates when specifically requested by our users. You may unsubscribe from newsletters or email updates at any time.
Links and Information Gathered by Others
If we plan to use users’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify such users by email if, and to the extent that, such users have provided their email addresses to us. If you do not reply to such an email, or we receive a reply of “undeliverable” or a similar message from your last known email address, after a reasonable time, we will use the information in the different manner. We may collect personally identifiable information and use such information if we are required to do so by law or if we deem it advisable in the course of assisting law enforcement activities or protecting our website and other information.
All comments made on areas of akfsa.org where users have the ability to submit public comments (ex: AKFSA blog entries) are subject to this commenting policy. Comments that include any of the following are prohibited and will be removed from the website:
- Vulgar, profane, threatening or abusive language of any kind
- Any religious, political, racial or sexual derogatory or threatening statements
- Unsupported allegations or accusations against an organization or individual
- Content that infringes any copyrights
- Endorsing any commercial products, services or companies
- Asking for money
- Asking for participation in any studies, surveys, polls or questionnaires
Remember, your posts are public once they are posted on our website, so do not include any personal information (name, address, phone number, social security number) that you do not wish to make public. By posting a comment, you irrevocably grant AKFSA permission to distribute and display your comment free-of-charge.